Long Tradition and Strong Innovation

 

1923

Swiss engineer Alfred Maurer founded a small workshop in Milan to manufacture spinning pumps for the Viscose Industry. In short time business was extended to include the fabrication of Rayon and Transparent paper machines. Paul Alfred Nikles was during this period technical supervisor in several sugar plant in Angola, Madagascar and Switzerland.

 

1929 – 1935

Paul Alfred Nikles was asked by her sister ( wife of Alfred Maurer ) to take temporarily the activities of Alfred Maurer as he got suddenly sick. When Alfred Maurer died in 1932 Paul Alfred Nikles took definitively the activities of Ing. A. Maurer S.A. and founded 1935 as a sister company Ing. A. Maurer S.A. in Bern.

 

1936

Ing. A. Maurer S.A. has been relocated in Bern (Switzerland)

 

1939

Ing. A. Maurer S.A. Bern became the head office.

 

1948

After world war II Ing. A. Maurer S.A. founded, together with a British engineer, Maurer India. The new firm oriented its activities from actual manufacturing Viscose machines components into a design and plant engineering company for Viscose plants. Under the chairmanship of Paul Alfred Nikles, with rational management and the comprehensive professional knowledge of the staff, the firm has reached international importance.

 

Ing. A. Maurer S.A. plants today are in over 40 countries all over the world.

 

1980

Ing. A. Maurer S.A. Milano has been definitively closed.

 

2000

Ing. A. Maurer S.A. has been a family owned company until 2000. In July 2000 the company has been taken over by FIBRE UNIES SA a strategic investor grouping interests in textile and engineering ventures.

 

2000 to today

Since the new ownership took over, the company has continued to be leader in plant engineering for viscose industry, proprietary equipment and technologies, thanks to the resources optimisation and knowledge expansion.

Ing. A. Maurer Milan Workshop est. 1923

 

© Ing. A. Maurer S.A.

 

 

 

 

  • Terms of Use
  •  

     

  • Privacy Policy
  •