Skip to content
- Maurer may collect and retain information that you provide to Maurer, such as your name and e-mail address when you subscribe to a newsletter or your communications when you send an inquiry to Maurer and any related information Maurer compiles, such as its response to your inquiry. Maurer and its subsidiaries may use such information for the purposes stated or evident when such information is collected, and also for marketing and sales, for improving the Maurer Website and products and services, for research & development, for technical operations and maintaining security, for statistical and market research purposes, for complying with applicable laws and regulations, and for other purposes provided for or permitted by law. The information may also be shared with, and used for the above purposes by, third parties who directly or indirectly acquire businesses or parts thereof from Maurer or its subsidiaries, with partners in marketing, sales, research & development, with service providers and with public authorities.
- Maurer may also collect information that your computer and browser provides when you visit the Maurer Website, such as your IP address and type of your browser, as well as information about how you use the Maurer Website. However, such information will be used by Maurer only on a non-personal basis (i.e. not linked to personally identifiable information of you) for the purposes of improving the Maurer Website, understanding its use and the use of the information and content contained therein, and for technical and security purposes.
- As part of the foregoing, so called cookies may be sent to your computer during your visit of the Maurer Website. Cookies are small text files that are stored in the visitor’s local browser cache. They are used to recognize a visitor and to track it when using a website. Maurer will do so only on a non-personal basis. You may configure your web browser to deny any installation of cookies or to erase cookies that have been installed. However, functionality of the Maurer Website may be impaired by eliminating cookies.
- The Maurer Website may use tracking technologies to collect data on visitor behaviour. The data is collected for the purposes of marketing and optimization of the Maurer Website, its information and content. All visitor data is saved using an anonymous user ID and can be used to aggregate a usage profile under a pseudonym. Cookies may be used for this purpose. The data collected by the tracking technology will not be used to determine the personal identity of a website visitor and will not be compiled with personal data relating to the person referred to by the pseudonym, unless agreed to separately by the person concerned.
- Maurer (and any of its subsidiaries) may store and process Personal Information, and operate the Maurer Website, at any of its or its hosting providers facilities whether located in Switzerland or abroad, and it may delegate the processing of such information to third parties, including affiliates.